|Date Posted||July 27, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Residential Content Writer (Contractor) - Remote Oakland, CA
Homes.com (a subsidiary of CoStar Group) is a growing marketplace, reimagining the home search experience for consumers and agents alike. We’re building the new Homes.com Network to help homebuyers make the best choices for homes they love in neighborhoods that match their lifestyle.
Join us for an exciting pay-per-assignment contract! We’re seeking skilled wordsmiths whose creative writing will move audiences. These world-class writers will redefine the residential real estate marketplace. Writers will create short-form narratives to best describe neighborhoods, parks, schools, and condominium buildings across the United States using web research and interviews with chamber of commerce, real estate agents, school principals, park superintendents, architects and more. The narratives will be accompanied by captivating photographs and videos to help tell the story of what it would be like to live in that community. You will help families, individuals, real estate agents, owners, investors and more discover communities and drive decisions on residential real estate.
- Portfolio of 6-10 clips writing samples in a mix of short form content required (approximately 200-300 words each).
- Resume to show experience writing relevant content, travel writers a plus.
- Has experience writing copy.
- Clips display a mastery of the English language, a competence of expression and (if not a proficiency in our house style) a consistency in a single style.
- Minimum equipment standards – computer, word processing software such as Microsoft Word, internet access
- Write engagingly and with authority about communities. Proof copy for grammar and adherence to a style guide.
- Partner with a team of photographers, video editors, and copy editors on assignments as needed
- Capacity to manage multiple assignments and changing priorities while producing high quality content by specified deadlines.
- Capacity to edit iterations up to one week after original submission
Relevant Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience writing for well regarded publications and other media channels
- Proven track record producing creative and relevant content that will capture an audience through thoughtful and exhaustive research
- Ability to work with deadlines
Please submit resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a limited term project. Individuals who are selected to work on this project will be asked to sign and abide by an independent contractor agreement. If you are not looking for a limited term contract and are instead interested in full-time employment with CoStar Group, please visit https://www.costargroup.com/careers.