San Diego, California, Washington
|Date Posted||November 04, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
As the premier independent university of the Northwest, Seattle University is best known for its academic excellence, Jesuit Catholic character and service to society.
Seattle University is dedicated to educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world.
The senior writer will play a major role in helping to tell that story and will beresponsible for a range of written deliverables to tell the story of SU programs, colleges, faculty, students, staff, leadership and alumni.
This person serves as the senior writer for the university's Marketing Communications department, providing strong, clear and lively editorial/journalistic (news and feature writing) and marketing copy, concepts and ideas to help drive the university's editorial content strategy to strengthen the university's core narratives, reputation, ideals and educational experience. The senior writer is an integral part of the Strategic Communications team.
The writer must be an energetic self-starter and valued team member who operates with integrity, accuracy and dependability. The senior writer must be able to work in an environment that flows between collaborative projects and working independently, with the skills and flexibility to adapt to different styles of writing (long and short form, digital/web, human interest features, news blurbs, etc.)
Essential Job Functions:
• Be a strong storyteller. Provide clear, persuasive and clean copy and content that can be used in different outlets, such as digital/print publications, recruitment brochures and promotional materials, SU Magazine and other university communications.
• Must be able to produce compelling and accurate copy under tight deadlines.
• Lead writer for Seattle University Magazine(2x/year) and the annual digital President's Report. Provide secondary support to internal communications manager.
• Develop and implement ideas that support university and team strategic goals and contribute to the ongoing editorial calendar by identifying good, relevant and timely subject matter to tell the story of the university.
• Work successfully with managing editor, designers, photographer(s) and different university constituents, including leadership, faculty, staff, alumni and others.
• Ability to think creatively and balance priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Will occasionally be asked to write additional marketing content (advertisements, recruitment materials, etc.) originated by Marketing Communications and other university departments.
• Be a compelling storyteller with strong interviewing skills.
• Understand the concepts of marketing writing and external communications.
• Bachelor's degree in related field (such as journalism or marketing) plus 5-7 years experience in a related field with a record of success.
• Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
• Fluent in AP style.
• Strong commitment to a work environment that solicits, values and incorporates feedback from an array of campus constituents.
• Proven track record of developing and writing both long and short pieces on deadline. Ability to juggle different projects and deadlines.
• Understanding of issues in higher education. Familiarity or experience writing in higher education a plus.
• Strong research and organizational skills with the analytical ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
• All candidates must submit a portfolio (digital links permissible) of writing samples.
• All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university's mission, vision and values.
• Familiarity with Seattle University's mission and history.
• Experience in writing for a newspaper or magazine.
• Experience with a content management system (CMS).
• Experience in gathering/collecting data, analyzing it and writing about it.
• Some familiarity with graphic design principles (Photoshop) and understanding of digital marketing copy including social media.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 2 to 3 writing samples when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Compensation at a Glance:
Salary Range: $62,600 - $69,800
Seattle University has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, and not based on a candidate's gender or any other protected status.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Seattle University provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your total compensation package.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage. Plan for your future with up to a 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits, comprised of a 5% nonelective employer contribution and an additional dollar-for-dollar match of your voluntary contributions up to a maximum of 5%. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with free access to an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave.For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
To apply: https://seattleu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=2072&site=2
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency