Brand Writer (Environmental Stewardship)
Tennessee Valley Authority
Ooltewah, TN, TennesseeSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||April 27, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Specialist, Brand Writer (Environmental Stewardship) - 514857
Organization: Human Resources & Communications
Department: Strategic Content Communications
Location: Chattanooga, TN; Knoxville, TN; Nashville, TN
Relocation: Relocation benefits are not offered for this position
Posting Open: 4/26/2023
Posting Close: 5/21/2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Grade / Salary: Competitive
Through authentic storytelling, show the value TVA brings to every person living within the Tennessee Valley region. Develop a deep understanding of assigned strategic areas of the enterprise then deploy best brand journalism practices to tell the priority TVA narrative in tangible, human terms. Work with subject matter experts to identify incredible story ideas, interview stakeholders, write stories and coordinate with visual colleagues to develop a complete content package. Work through the editing and optimization process to eventual publication on owned, earned and paid channels.
A successful candidate will have a big-picture mindset and the journalistic chops to promote and drive enterprise and business unit initiatives with flawless tactical execution. Strong writing and editorial skills are required to support a multi-channel approach focused on the delivery of best-in-class communications to build and promote the TVA brand.
1. Exhibits integrity, respect and authenticity in all interactions internal or external to TVA Communications and in performance of assigned duties.
2. Demonstrates strong collaboration, open-mindedness and partnership with teammates within and outside the TVA Communications organization.
3. Enhances and protects the TVA reputation and brand; builds understanding and support for the agency’s long-term strategy and enterprise priorities.
4. Develops a deep knowledge and understanding of TVA business development initiatives, projects, processes and goals.
5. Forges strong relationships with subject matter experts and stakeholders to mine for stories that will resonate with key audiences.
6. Using a journalistic mindset, he or she develops, reports and writes a variety of content that shares the TVA story with consumers in a way that will engage, inspire and drive positive perceptions of the brand.
7. Optimizes content to best meet the specific needs of various content channels and audiences.
8. Fosters a culture of accountability, trust, collaboration, recognition, development and results among the team at all levels consistent with the short- and long-term objectives of the organization.
9. Collaborates with and supports key stakeholders to provide communications insights and influence business- critical communications decisions.
10. Advocates for best practices in strategic communications, brand journalism and content marketing.
11. Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization, and the Public Information organization in particular, in accordance with Emergency Plan procedures. Supports on-call rotation for after-hours needs. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal, written and editorial communications skills
• Strong writer (knowledge of AP style preferred), including experience as a news reporter or features writer in a fast-paced newsroom environment; writing samples will be requested
• Progressive experience in brand journalism, content marketing and strategic communication
• Proven skills in being able to take complex information and simplify it into narrative consumers will understand and appreciate
• Experience forming trusted, sustainable relationships with a variety of stakeholders – from community members to executives
• Experience representing the company internally and externally with challenging audiences in challenging situations
• Ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities
• Demonstrated ability to make sound business judgments and draw conclusions that ensure validity, identifies alternatives and develops specific recommendations
• Strong business acumen/business experience and continuous improvement methodologies
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
• Experience working in a matrixed organization
• Incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions
Education. – Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or closely related discipline.
Experience. - Four or more years of related work experience