|Date Posted||May 11, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Residential Content Writer, Homes.com
CoStar Group Company Intro:
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings for our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
Homes.com is already one of the fastest-growing real estate portals in the industry, we are driven to be #1. Just ask Brad Bellflower, Chief Change Officer at Apartments.com. After its acquisition in 2014, Apartments.com quickly turned into the most popular place to find a place. Proven success at the highest level – and we’re doing it again with the new Homes.com. Homes.com is a CoStar Group company with 20+ years' experience in leading and growing digital marketplaces. We pride ourselves on continually improving, innovating, and setting the standard for property search and marketing experiences. With Homes.com we’re building a brand on the cusp of defining the industry. We’re looking for big thinkers, brave leaders, and creative advertising wizards ready to influence a new age of homebuying within a tried-and-true, award-winning company.
Learn more about Homes.com.
Role Description: As a Content Writer, you’ll be a part of a dynamic, motivated team that strives to produce the best content in our industry. Through expert reporting, you’ll write about the neighborhoods, parks, and schools across our site to best inform consumers when they are looking for their next location to call home. This content will help families, individuals, real estate agents, owners, investors, lenders, and others discover communities and drive decisions on residential real estate.
- Research and report on neighborhoods, schools, and parks to create local guides for prospective home buyers.
- Conduct telephone interviews with Realtors and others to capture an insiders’ view of neighborhoods across the country.
- Write neighborhood narratives and video scripts.
- Work with editors to ensure that a consistent brand voice is delivered across all content.
- Collaborate across a variety of teams including SEO, photo, and video to produce cohesive content.
- Collaborate directly with photo managers to ensure the narratives, scripts and shot lists written are done in a manner that works in sync with our photo and video team needs.
- Manage concurrent projects at a range of stages, from concept through to production.
- Present work to other team members and stakeholders to recruit feedback, iterate and improve, and then publish content and launch changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, Marketing, Communications or Journalism from an accredited, not-for-profit University or College.
- 4-7 years of writing/editing experience.
- Experience following the Associated Press Stylebook (AP Stylebook) guidelines.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality content adhering to deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong research skills, including first-party telephone interviews, to develop content.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent grammar and spelling.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written skills communicating ideas, concepts, and designs.
- Ability to multi-task assignments through multiple stages of production.
- Highly collaborative team player.
What’s in it for you?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.