Spring Writing Intern, Quanta
San Diego, California, New York
|Date Posted||October 24, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Spring Writing Intern, Quanta
POSITION SUMMARY ?Quanta Magazine is looking for a motivated writing intern for the spring of 2024. This is an outstanding opportunity for a beginning science journalist to dive into physics, mathematics, biology and computer science while developing writing, researching, fact checking and general editorial skills.
This paid internship has a 24 hour-per-week minimum requirement. It will take place between January and May on-site in the Simons Foundation offices in New York City.?
• Assist editors and writers with research and fact checking; contact scientists and press officers to track down and verify information and supporting materials for articles, blog posts and other features.
• Research, report and write Abstractions blog posts.
• Research, pitch and develop a feature news article.
• Manage the general inbox.
• Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Bachelor's degree (some graduate science journalism coursework preferred)
• A background or strong interest in reporting and writing about physics, mathematics, biology or computer science.
?REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Please submit a résumé and cover letter describing your interest in this position
• Five writing clips
• This internship pays $20 to $25 per hour, depending on experience.
Quanta Magazine is an award-winning, editorially independent online publication launched by theSimons Foundationto enhance public understanding of science. Our reporters and editors focus on developments in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical computer science and the basic life sciences, with an emphasis on delivering timely, accurate, in-depth and well-crafted articles for our broad, discerning audience. In addition to many other awards and accolades, Quanta won the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting in 2022 and a National Magazine Award for general excellence in 2020. Quanta has syndication partnerships with Wired, The Atlantic and other publications, has published two books (Alice and Bob Meet the Wall of Fire and The Prime Number Conspiracy) and our articles have been translated into several languages.
?THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
?Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
To apply, visit: https://simonsfoundation.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/simonsfoundationcareers/job/160-Fifth-Avenue/Spring-Writing-Intern--Quanta_R0001435
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency