Digital Content Strategist
Oregon Health & Science University
Portand, OR, Oregon
|Date Posted||November 02, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Develop content to support goals across OHSU’s missions to heal, teach and discover. Your work will make a real difference in how we serve patients, students, health care providers and communities across Oregon.
We offer mission-driven work, a passionate and supportive team and excellent benefits.
As a digital content strategist, you will develop, write and edit digital content for OHSU’s website and other digital channels. This role reports to the digital content manager as part of OHSU’s Brand Strategy and Marketing team.
Primary duties include:
- Develop content strategy based on best practices for the audience’s journey and SEO.
- Write, edit, condense and/or update informational content.
- Update, restructure and/or create new web pages and subsites.
- Perform content research, including auditing existing content and analyzing audience needs and competitor sites to find content gaps.
- Understand the complexity and importance of OHSU’s priorities and programs.
- Transform that understanding into authoritative, clear and engaging content that achieves measurable goals.
- Develop strategies and solutions that meet audience needs and OHSU business and strategic goals.
- Work collaboratively and with grace, patience and persistence on small and large teams in a complex organization.
Other duties include:
- Helping to discover, understand, develop and guide strategic goals at a variety of levels across missions.
- Developing strategies and content to support these goals in collaboration with a small, cross-disciplinary team and other colleagues.
- Engaging with OHSU’s community of web authors to socialize content strategies. This may include other channels, such as traditional, social and email strategies.
- Representing the Brand Strategy and Marketing Team in a positive and proactive manner to a variety of internal OHSU customer groups.
- Edit copy produced by contract writers and others.
- Make updates in our content management system.
OHSU offers competitive, affordable benefits that include health care, income protection and more. See highlights below or learn more about OHSU benefits.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at low or no cost to employees?
- Access to retirement plans
- Up to 200 hours (equal to 25 full days) a year of paid time off?
- 96 hours of sick leave a year (prorated for part-time employees)?
- Eight paid holidays a year?
- Commuter subsidies
- Tuition reimbursement?
- Access to group life insurance, disability insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Discounts just for OHSU members
- Exceptional writing and editing, including the ability to distill complex information into crisp, engaging copy.
- The ability to attract and serve online audiences to achieve measurable goals.
- An understanding of digital and content marketing best practices, including optimization, metrics, auditing and gap analysis, and how to engage and nurture audiences.
- High-level information-gathering and interviewing skills.
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects across varying timelines.
- The ability to quickly shift gears when needed.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work well with a wide variety of high-achieving colleagues and stakeholders in a large complicated organization.
- The ability to pay attention to detail while pursuing big-picture goals.
- Basic page design skills.
- Familiarity with health care and health literacy.
- Familiarity with the people we serve: communities and families in Oregon and SW Washington.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Basic page design skills.
- The ability to engage, guide and work with outside vendors (especially contract writers).
Why apply to OHSU?
We are Oregon’s only public academic health center.
In addition to caring for patients, we lead groundbreaking research. We also train the next generation of health care professionals. As Portland’s largest employer, OHSU is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond.
All are welcome
OHSU is committed to diversity in people and ideas, and welcomes all qualified applicants for this role. We are striving to build an anti-racist, multicultural institution and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Office for Civil Rights Investigations and Compliance at email@example.com or 503-494-5148.
We’re located in Portland, Oregon.
We enjoy majestic landscapes, a vibrant and creative culture, and some of the best food, beer and coffee in the world.